New Works Submissions
Thanks to the generous support of the Next Generation Capital Campaign, Pittsburgh CLO has renewed its commitment to the development of new work. Through a commissioning program, a bi-annual festival, and a commitment to world-premiere productions, we aim to become both an incubator and a launching pad for new musicals.
While we are open to developing work of every style, size and genre, we are actively looking for musicals that are a fit for the 250-seat CLO Cabaret.
Please consider the following guidelines before submitting your musical for consideration:
- We are most interested in developing musicals with a cast of FIVE actors or fewer. Exceptions may be made for works in which cast members also function as musicians.
- The stage and seating setup of the CLO Cabaret is flexible; however, please note that the stage does not have fly space or significant wing space and that seating consists of table and theater seating with food service.
- Pittsburgh CLO accepts submissions at all stages of development, from a first draft of an original musical to a polished reimagining of an existing work. However, we do NOT accept pitches; please submit a full script.
OPEN SUBMISSIONS POLICY
At this time, Pittsburgh CLO accepts full script submissions both from literary agents and from unrepresented writers.
If you are a represented writer, please have your literary agent submit on your behalf. Please note that lawyers and law firms do not qualify as professional representation in our venue.
All submissions should be EMAILED to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please adhere to the following guidelines for submission:
- All scripts should be formatted as PDFs, labeled with the show’s full title.
- All scripts should include a cast breakdown and notation of any doubling.
- All music should be submitted via a Dropbox link.
- For ease of sharing, please shorten the Dropbox link using bit.ly: https://bitly.com/.
- Prior to submitting, please confirm that the Dropbox folder is accessible to anyone with the link, and please confirm that all files are playable and uncorrupted.
- Please include a brief bio for all writers.
- Please include a brief statement on why you believe the musical is a fit for the CLO Cabaret.
- Writers are also welcome to email invitations to upcoming readings or productions of their work to email@example.com.
Pittsburgh CLO does NOT accept hard-copy (mail) submissions of scripts or CDs. Submissions sent via mail will NOT be acknowledged or returned.
Please note that, due to the number of new work submissions received by Pittsburgh CLO every season, it may take us several months to respond to your submission. ALL submissions will receive a response, whether or not we are interested in pursuing the musical for development/production. Please do NOT call regarding the status of your script.