Pittsburgh CLO Mini Stars
A Fantastic Way to Entertain Your Guests
For over 30 years, the Pittsburgh CLO Mini Stars have built a reputation as Pittsburgh’s leading young performance company.
The Pittsburgh CLO Mini Stars have been featured at numerous high-profile events, including recent appearances at Pittsburgh Light-Up Night, the Pittsburgh Marathon, and at Walt Disney’s Epcot Center. They have also performed in many Pittsburgh CLO main stage productions, such as Mary Poppins, Gypsy, Disney’s High School Musical, Grease, Annie, The Wizard of Oz,The Music Man, and Shrek.
Students may audition for this elite professional development program designed for Grades 6-12. This exclusive group of students are exposed to quality training, performance experience, behind the scenes process, and constructive networking skills such as public speaking, public relations, social media etiquette, and personal marketing management. Mini Stars must represent the highest standard of excellence as an ambassador to the CLO including class attendance, talent, behavior, appearance, respect for others, and value of the program.
For more information, or to schedule the CLO Mini Stars at your next event, call 412-281-2234 or email CLOAcademy@pittsburghCLO.org.
Auditions for the 2017-18 Mini Stars will be held on August 6, 2017 at 11am.
- Open to any interested student entering 6th -12th grade who excels in any or all of the following areas is eligible to audition: acting, singing and dance.
- Mini Stars must represent the highest standard of excellence as an ambassador to the CLO including class attendance, talent, behavior, appearance, respect for others, and value of the program.
- Mini Stars Scholarships are determined through an audition process and an essay submission.
- Enrollment Requirements:
- Mini Stars receive a 100% tuition scholarship to attend the CLO Academy.
- Must register for four mandatory classes including (1) Ballet, (1) Jazz, (1) Audition Technique or Acting, and (1) additional Elective class of your choice (Acting, Dance or Voice).
- Mini Star Scholarship cannot be applied to private lessons or master classes.
- Mini Stars are required to participate in MT Production and all Master Classes at the Pittsburgh CLO Academy.
- Rehearsals for MT Production begin August 21. Performances are September 9 & 10, 2017.
- Mini Stars are required to participate in professional performance opportunities, including but not limited to board meetings, private parties, and CLO special events and fundraisers.
- Mini Stars are required to assist and participate in professional development opportunities, including but not limited to social media promotions for Summer Season and various CLO shows, assist with the Gene Kelly Awards and appear at CLO community outreach events such as the Children’s Theater Festival, Great Race and Three Rivers Arts Festival.
- Must attend all mandatory rehearsals and performances.
To make an appointment to audition, please call 412-281-2234. Download the application below:
Chelsea has been a student at the CLO Academy for the past 10 years, and a Mini Star since the sixth grade. She is currently a junior at Pittsburgh CAPA, studying Musical Theater.
Skylar is thrilled to be a CLO Mini Star. Previous roles in Pittsburgh CLO Academy productions include Peter Pan in Peter Pan Jr., John in Anything Goes, Penelope Pennywise in Urinetown and Carol Strong in Catch Me if You Can. She is profoundly grateful to perform with all of her friends. Skylar thanks her family for their unconditional love and support.
Zoe is a fourth-year Pittsburgh CLO Mini Star and has been in many CLO Academy productions. Last year, she was in The Little Mermaid, Jr.and Catch Me If You Can at the CLO Academy. Zoe is a sophomore vocal major at Pittsburgh CAPA and wishes to thank her family, instructors and friends for their constant love and support.
Emma is a sophomore at North Allegheny Intermediate High School and is thrilled to be a Pittsburgh CLO Mini Star. Her favorite performances include Peter Pan (Wendy), Catch Me If You Can (Featured Dancer) and The Little Mermaid, Jr. (Ariel).
Victoria is ecstatic to be a Pittsburgh CLO Mini Star again! Favorite Pittsburgh CLO credits include: Oklahoma!, Joseph And The..., Oliver, The Sound of Music, Jesus Christ Superstar, Les Miserables and Annie.
Allsion, a sophomore at Avonworth High School, is ecstatic to be a fifth-year Mini Star! She was recently seen in Into the Woods (Little Red), The Crucible (Mercy Lewis), and Catch Me If You Can (Nellie). Allison also starred in the Pittsburgh CLO Cabaret production of Ruthless! the Musical.
Rylan, a sophomore at Montour High School, is in her third year as a CLO Academy student and as a member of the CLO Mini Stars. She has appeared in school productions of The Little Mermaid (Ariel) and High School Musical (Sharpay), and in Footloose (Ariel) and Hairspray (Amber) and Catch Me If You Can at the CLO Academy. Rylan loves musical theater, dance, voice, and piano, is a supporter of animal rescue organizations and is active in her church choir. Rylan would like thank her family and friends for their love and support to follow her dreams.
Felicia is thrilled to return to the Pittsurgh CLO Mini Stars. She has been in several CLO main stage productions and has been active in community theater. She has studied at the CLO Academy for seven years and is privileged to have been a CLO Mini Star for the past three years. Thanks to her teachers, family and friends for always supporting her!
Halle is in her fourth year as a Pittsburgh CLO Mini Star. She has performed at the Benedum Center in the Pittsburgh CLO productions of Annie, Gypsy and Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. Halle has appeared in many shows with the CLO Academy including last year’s Catch Me If You Can and Anything Goes. She would like to thank her family, friends and teachers for their endless support.
Christina is thrilled to be a Pittsburgh CLO Mini Star for a third year! Past credits include Wild About Wilder (at the Edinburgh Fringe in Scotland), Thoroughly Modern Millie, Catch Me if You Can, The Addams Family and Anything Goes. She was nominated for a Gene Kelly Award for Best Supporting Actress in 2015. Special thanks to her family for their support.
Lucia is a ninth grader at Oakland Catholic High School. She has been studying at Pittsburgh CLO Academy for five years and was most recently seen as Teen Fiona last summer in Pittsburgh CLO's Shrek the Musical. She is grateful to be a Mini Star for the fourth year.
Julia is happy begin her 10th year with the CLO Academy and her fourth as a Pittsburgh CLO Mini Star! Some of her past theater credits include: Curtains (Georgia), The Devil's Arithmetic (starring as Hannah), Catch Me If You Can (Mindy/Nurse/Agent) and Into the Woods (Florinda and Lucinda). She recently performed with the Edinburgh Fringe Fesitival. Julia would like to thank her friends, family and teachers for helping her reach this point in her life.
Q: Do I have to pay to be a member of the Mini Star group?
A: No. On the contrary, all Mini Stars receive a 100% scholarship to classes at the Academy. Prospective Mini Stars must audition in August to be a part of this performing group.
Q: What classes must I take to maintain my Mini Star status?
A: A Mini Star must register for four mandatory classes including (1) Ballet, (1) Jazz, (1) Audition Technique or Acting, and (1) additional Elective class of your choice (Acting, Dance or Voice).
Q: Where do the Mini Stars perform?
A: The Mini Stars perform for school assemblies, private parties, park shows and other celebrations throughout the Tri-State area, and are present at Pittsburgh CLO shows, events, fundraisers, and community outreach opportunities.