The Charles Gray Award
For Excellence in Arts Education
Sponsored by the Roy A. Hunt Foundation
The Charles Gray Award is a Pittsburgh CLO arts education recognition awarded annually to an elementary, middle or secondary school in Allegheny County that has demonstrated an enduring commitment to providing, preserving and developing quality arts education for all students as part of the required curriculum.
- To recognize and encourage schools that demonstrate an enduring commitment to quality arts education for all students as part of the required curriculum.
- To recognize and honor the legacy of Charles Gray, former Executive Producer of the Pittsburgh CLO and advocate for musical theater and arts education.
The winning school will receive:
- $3,000 cash prize to be applied towards the arts programming in their school
- A special award to be displayed in the school
- A 2018 Gallery of Heroes production performed in their school
The Pittsburgh CLO will work with the media to publicize the award, the application process, and the winning school to area educators and the general public.
TWO WAYS TO APPLY
Apply for the 2017 Charles Gray Award by clicking the link below,
or download the 2017 application and submit by mail.
Please type or print legibly, and mail us both Parts I and II along with your essay.
POSTMARK BY APRIL 13, 2017 AND MAIL TO:
Education and Outreach Programs Coordinator
CLO Academy of Musical Theater
130 CLO Academy Way
Pittsburgh, PA 15222