The Pittsburgh CLO seeks an experienced theater professional to work with key staff members and production personnel to manage the production elements of its performances, primarily at three theaters, and to assist with the management of its building, storage and rental of sets, props and costumes. The Production Manager and Assistant Construction Center Manager will also work as needed with all departments and on projects to help ensure that the organization’s theatrical production standards are successfully integrated and maintained. Interested candidates should submit cover letter and resume to HR@pittsburghclo.org.
- Budgets – Develop and manage production budgets for all CLO productions at the three main theaters, as well as other projects as necessary.
- Schedules – Develop and administer production calendars, including but not limited to, design deadlines, load-in and tech schedules, and all design and production meetings.
- Design Process – Guide the creative team through the design process to ensure the timely completion of designs and their execution within the allotted time, money and personnel available.
- Production Oversight – Provide oversight and management of the production process and assist the key artistic, creative and management personnel with advice and support to solve production related problems and to advance the artistic goals of the organization.
- Production Personnel – Assist the Executive Producer, the Producing Director and General Manager with the identification and hiring of designers and production staff, as well as coordinate the scheduling of calls for all stagehands, wardrobe, hair and other union production personnel.
- Departmental Support – As necessary, support the production elements of other projects including Education Department performances, special events and marketing/promotional initiatives.
- Construction Center – Assist the Construction Center Manager with all management aspects of the CLO Construction Center for the Arts, including but not limited to, the building, rental and storage of sets, props and costumes for the CLO and other entities. Serve as on-site Technical Director for set rentals, as needed.
- Other – Assist staff when and where as appropriate.
Ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of three to five years of professional experience as a production manager or key member of production management team.
- A broad understanding of all aspects of technical theater.
- Demonstrated success with successfully developing, implementing and managing budgets, production calendars and schedules.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills,
- The ability to manage shifting and competing priorities, exercise good judgment and discretion, and maintain a positive attitude.
- Experience working with theater unions.
- Experience with the creation and/or development of new musicals.
- Established relationships with professionals and designers in musical theater.
- Experience working with AutoCAD.
Pittsburgh CLO provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Pittsburgh complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.