Pittsburgh CLO is seeking a full-time Staff Accountant.
The Staff Accountant is responsible for performing a variety of accounting and personnel activities including processing payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and human resources data entry; and assisting the Business Office with the financial management of a large not-for-profit performing arts organization.
- Payroll & Human Resources: process weekly payroll for all departments, administer Flexible Spend Accounts, and complete union and wage garnishments and issue corresponding payments.
- Personnel: set up and maintain personnel files as required by the Department of Labor, enter new hires in Payroll 1 software, process unemployment claims, and assist with reporting and analysis for ACA compliance.
- Accounts Payable: enter all vendor information in accounting software, distribute payables to department heads, process invoices, print checks weekly, maintain A/P filing, complete annual vendor analysis, and assist with preparation of 1099s.
- Accounts Receivable: deposit check payments daily, assist with recording cash receipts into the General Ledger, and maintain A/R filing.
- Track and allocate all prepaid expenses.
- Work with the Business Office on the annual audit, budget preparation, fiscal close procedures, general accounting procedures, and other required internal and external reporting.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree in accounting or related field.
- 2 + years professional experience.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to focus on accuracy and detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Experience with non-profit fund accounting and/or payroll procedures and software preferred.
The position is full time, non-exempt and offers a full benefits package including health, vision and dental coverage.
Qualified individuals may apply by sending a cover letter, resume and contact information for two references to: HR@pittsburghclo.org
It is the continuing policy of Pittsburgh CLO to afford equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion or belief, age, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or family or parental status and to conform to all applicable laws and regulations to that regard. This policy of equal employment opportunity comprehends all aspects of the employment relationship, including application and initial employment, promotion and transfer, administration, and the application of service, retirement, seniority and employee benefit policies.